Colorado River hempnoun
Definition of Colorado River hemp
: a tall-growing annual legume (Sesbania exaltata) of the southwestern U.S. that produces a strong tough bast fiber formerly used by American Indians for cordage and that is widely used as a green manure especially on heavy moist soils
— called also sesbania
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?