Definition of Cologne ware
: a glazed stoneware mottled with gray and brown and made into tankards and jugs especially in the 16th and 17th centuries
— called also grès de Flandres
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game