Col·lyr·i·clum | \ kəˈlirə̇kləm\
Definition of Collyriclum
: a genus of digenetic trematodes (family Troglotrematidae) including a form (C. faba) commonly encountered encysted in the skin of chickens, turkeys, and various wild birds exposed to marshy environment
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?