Coe·nop·ter·i·da·les | \ ˌsē(ˌ)näpˌterəˈdā(ˌ)lēz, ˌse-\
Definition of Coenopteridales
: an order of extinct Devonian and Carboniferous ferns that is usually considered as part of or coextensive with the subclass Primofilices and that has both simple and pinnate leaves with the latter having pinnae at an angle to the plane of the leaf blade
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?