Coc·co·my·ces | \ ˌkäkōˈmīˌsēz, ˌkäkəˈ-\
Definition of Coccomyces
: a genus of ascomycetous fungi (family Phacidiaceae) with filiform 1-celled, 2-celled, or many-celled ascospores and with conidial stages that are often referred to the form genus Cylindrosporium
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game