Coc·ci·nel·li·dae | \ -ˈneləˌdē\
Definition of Coccinellidae
: a family of small usually hemispherical beetles that are known as ladybugs and that have larvae which are mostly beneficial predators of aphids and other small insects — compare mexican bean beetle
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game