Coc·ci·dae | \ ˈkäksəˌdē\
Definition of Coccidae
: an important family of homopterous insects mostly of small size, sometimes including all the scales, mealybugs, and related forms but now often restricted to the soft and tortoise scales
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game