Definition of Cobb's disease
: a disease of sugarcane caused by a bacterium (Xanthomonas vascularum) and characterized by a slime in the vascular bundles accompanied by dwarfing, streaking of leaves, and decay
— called also sugarcane gummosis
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game