Clyp·e·as·tri·na | \ -əˈstrīnə, -rēnə\
Definition of Clypeastrina
: a suborder of sea urchins (order Exocycloida) comprising a large number of flattened more or less discoidal sea urchins (as the cake urchins and sand dollars) — compare spatangina
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game