Clo·no·thrix | \ ˈklōnōˌthriks\
Definition of Clonothrix
: a genus of chlamydobacteria that have organic sheaths encrusted with iron or manganese, that reproduce by spherical conidia borne in chains, and that are known chiefly from waterworks and pipes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game