Cle·o·nus | \ klēˈōnəs\
Definition of Cleonus
: a genus of Old World weevils (family Curculionidae) including one (Cleonus punctiventris) that is a destructive pest of sugar beet, the adults feeding on the leaves and the larvae on the roots
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game