Ci·co·ni·ifor·mes | \ səˌkōnēəˈfȯrˌmēz\
Definition of Ciconiiformes
: an order of chiefly tropical fish-eating wading birds including the herons, storks, spoonbills, flamingos, and related forms all relatively large and usually with long legs and bills, upright carriage, and excepting the flamingos unwebbed feet
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game