Cich·li·dae | \ ˈsikləˌdē\
Definition of Cichlidae
: a large family of chiefly tropical freshwater percoid fishes similar in many respects to the American sunfishes, some (as the bolti) being important food fishes while a number of small forms are favored for the tropical aquarium
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game