Cic·e·ro·nian·ism | \ -nyəˌ-\
Definition of Ciceronianism
: imitation of or resemblance to the oratorical or literary style of Cicero especially as practiced or produced by the Ciceronians of the early Renaissance also : any use of language characteristic of Cicero's writings
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game