Cic·a·del·li·dae | \ -əˌdē\
Definition of Cicadellidae
in some especially formerly classifications
: a large family of leafhoppers:
a : a very large family comprising all the leafhoppers and certain related insects
b : a family more or less exactly coextensive with Tettigellidae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?