Ci·bo·ti·um | \ sə̇ˈbōtēəm \
Definition of Cibotium
: a genus of ornamental tree ferns (family Cyatheaceae) with coarse gracefully drooping fronds bluish green on the under side and with 2-valved indusia (as the Scythian lamb)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game