Chry·soph·y·ta | \ krə̇ˈsäfətə\
Definition of Chrysophyta
: a division or other category of algaewith pigments localized in yellowish green to golden brown chromatophores and usually with a cell wall made up of overlapping halves and that includes the classes Xanthophyceae, Chrysophyceae, and Bacillariophyceae
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game