Cho·not·ri·cha | \ kōˈnä‧trə̇kə\
Definition of Chonotricha
: a small order of euciliate protozoans that are commensal on the surface of aquatic invertebrates, have a more or less vasiform body with reduced ciliation and complex terminal peristome, and reproduce by budding and in some cases by conjugation
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game