Chlam·y·do·sel·a·chus | \ -ˈseləkəs\
Definition of Chlamydoselachus
: a genus (coextensive with the family Chlamydoselachidae) comprising sharks with diplospondylic vertebrae, including the frilled shark and certain extinct related forms, and being placed with the Hexanchidae in the suborder Notidanoidea or isolated in a separate suborder
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game