Chinese parasol treenoun
variants: or less commonly Chinese parasol
Definition of Chinese parasol tree
: an Asian tree (Firmiana simplex) of the family Sterculiaceae now widely planted as an ornamental in warmer parts of the U.S. having large maplelike leaves and greenish white flowers in clusters
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?