Definition of Chinese orange
1 : a kumquat (Fortunella japonica) having globular fruit
2 : a vivid yellowish pink to strong reddish orange that is very slightly redder than capucine red
— called also Japanese yellow
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game