Definition of Chinese goose
1 : a very large wild goose (Anser cygnoides synonym Cygnopsis cygnoides) of northeastern Asia that interbreeds freely with the grayleg and is probably an ancestor of various eastern domesticated geese
2 : a brown or white goose of a breed that originated in China probably from the Chinese goose and is distinguished by upright carriage, large knob at the base of the bill, and small size
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game