Definition of Chilean bellflower
1 : chile-bells
2 : a prostrate perennial herb (Nolana atriplicifolia) of southwestern South America that is sometimes cultivated for its large bell-shaped flowers which are usually blue with a yellow and white throat
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game