Definition of Chickasaw plum
: a native American shrub or small tree (Prunus angustifolia) that has red or yellowish cherrylike fruit and has given rise to several cultivated varieties in the southern U.S.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game