Definition of Chetnik
1 : an irregular Slav soldier in the Balkans especially : a member of various irregular Serbian military forces that in periods of disorder (as during World War II and following the breakup of Yugoslavia in 1991) pursued ultranationalist aims
2 : an ultranationalist Serb
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game