Chem·e·hue·vi | \ ˌcheməˈwāvē\
plural Chemehuevi or Chemehuevis
Definition of Chemehuevi
1a : a Shoshonean people resident in the lower Colorado river valley and adjacent parts of California in the nineteenth century
b : a member of such people
2 : the language of the Chemehuevi people
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game