Definition of Chapultepec
large park in Mexico City area 1695 (686 hectares)
Note: The Battle of Chapultepec in the Mexican-American War in 1847 led to the fall of Mexico City to American forces. The modern park is the largest urban park in the Americas.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?