Cha·las·to·gas·tra | \ kəˌlastəˈgastrə\
Definition of Chalastogastra
: a suborder of Hymenoptera including the sawflies and horntails and characterized by the caterpillarlike larvae and by having the abdomen attached to the thorax by a broad base
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game