Chae·nac·tis | \ kēˈnaktə̇s\
Definition of Chaenactis
: a genus of herbs (family Compositae) found in the western U.S. and characterized by entire or pinnately lobed leaves and long peduncled heads of white or yellow flowers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?