Cer·a·top·sia | \ ˌser-ə-ˈtäp-sē-ə\
Definition of Ceratopsia
: a group of large dinosaurs, usually made a suborder of the order Ornithischia, known chiefly from the Upper Cretaceous of North America and Mongolia, and comprising animals of robust build that walked on all four feet and had an enormously developed skull, long horns, and a sharp horny beak — see triceratops
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game