Definition of Cephalocereus
: a large genus of tropical American cacti (family Cactaceae) having usually columnar erect stems topped with white wool, no leaves, and showy nocturnal flowers and including the old-man cactus
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game