Ceph·a·las·pis | \ -pə̇s\
Definition of Cephalaspis
: a genus (the type of the family Cephalaspidae) of Devonian ostracoderms having the head covered by a flattened shield rounded in front and prolonged into posteriorly directed lateral points and the eyes close together in the middle of the head shield — see cephalaspida
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game