Ceph·a·las·pis | \ -pə̇s\
Definition of Cephalaspis
: a genus (the type of the family Cephalaspidae) of Devonian ostracoderms having the head covered by a flattened shield rounded in front and prolonged into posteriorly directed lateral points and the eyes close together in the middle of the head shield — see cephalaspida
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game