Ce·dre·la | \ sə̇ˈdrēlə \
Definition of Cedrela
: a small genus of large tropical American timber trees (family Meliaceae) that are characterized by bipinnate leaves and flowers with a 5-celled ovary which produces winged seeds and that yield ornamental wood used for funiture — see spanish cedar
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game