Ceb·i·dae | \ ˈsebəˌdē \
Definition of Cebidae
: a family of platyrrhine monkeys comprising all the New World monkeys except the marmosets and tamarins, having one more pair of molar teeth in each jaw than the marmosets and usually a long prehensile tail, and constituting with the marmosets a superfamily that includes all the New World monkeys — compare platyrrhina
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game