Ceb·i·dae | \ ˈsebəˌdē\
Definition of Cebidae
: a family of platyrrhine monkeys comprising all the New World monkeys except the marmosets and tamarins, having one more pair of molar teeth in each jaw than the marmosets and usually a long prehensile tail, and constituting with the marmosets a superfamily that includes all the New World monkeys — compare platyrrhina
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game