Definition of Caulobacteraceae
: a family of nonfilamentous free-living aquatic bacteria that form stalks or zoogleal masses of ferric hydroxide or gum and that are now usually placed in the order Pseudomonadales though they are sometimes especially in former classifications included in Enbacteriales or isolated in a separate order — see caulobacter, caulobacterales
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game