Definition of Catalonia
historic region and present-day adminsitrative subdivision of northeastern Spain bordering on France and the Mediterranean Sea; chief city Barcelona area 12,328 square miles (31,930 square kilometers), population 7,519,843
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game