Definition of Catalina ironwood
: a tree (Lyonothamnus floribundus) of the family Rosaceae found on the islands off southern California and having thin brown shredding bark and opposite long-stalked leaves some of which are simply toothed and others irregularly compound
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game