Definition of Cassiopeia
1 : the wife of King Cepheus who gives birth to Andromeda and is later changed into a constellation
2 [ Latin (genitive Cassiopeiae), from Greek Kassiopeia ] : a northern constellation between Andromeda and Cepheus
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game