Cas·e·ar·ia | \ ˌkasēˈa(a)rēə, ˌkā-\
Definition of Casearia
: a large genus of cosmopolitan tropical trees (family Flacourtiaceae) having alternate toothed leaves, apetalous flowers, and capsular fruits and including some plants of which the leaves and bark are medicinal and others of which the fruit is used as a fish poison
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game