variants: or caryo-
Definition of cary-
(Entry 1 of 4)
Carybiographical name (1)
Definition of Cary (Entry 2 of 4)
(Arthur) Joyce (Lunel) 1888–1957 British novelist
Carybiographical name (2)
Definition of Cary (Entry 3 of 4)
Henry Francis 1772–1844 English clergyman and translator
Definition of Cary (Entry 4 of 4)
city west of Raleigh in east central North Carolina population 135,234
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game