Carsonbiographical name (1)
Carsonbiographical name (2)
Definition of Carson (Entry 2 of 3)
Rachel Louise 1907–1964 American biologist and writer
Definition of Carson (Entry 3 of 3)
1 river in western Nevada flowing northeast into Carson Lake
2 city in southwestern California southeast of Los Angeles population 91,714
to mark by some ceremony or observation
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game