Car·poi·dea | \ kärˈpȯidēə\
Definition of Carpoidea
: a small class (formerly an order of Cystoidea) of widely distributed Paleozoic echinoderms having a movable tail or stalk, a bilaterally compressed body, and no evident traces of radial symmetry
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game