Car·ne·gie unit | \ ˈkärnəgē-, -ȧn- also (ˈ)kär¦negē-, or -ȧ¦n- or kə(r)ˈn- \
Definition of Carnegie unit
: the credit given for the successful completion of a year's study of one subject in a secondary school
— called also unit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game