Definition of Caribbean pumpkin
: calabaza … 3¹/₂ lb calabaza (Caribbean pumpkin; often sold in large wedges) or butternut squash …— Maggie Ruggiero, Gourmet, September 2007 In place of the ripe plantains in this recipe, you can use white yams …, yuca, malanga, Caribbean pumpkin or other mealy squash.— Maricel E. Presilla, Miami Herald, 9 Sept. 2004
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game