Ca·ra·já | \ ¦karə¦hä\
variants: or less commonly Caraya \ -¦yä \
plural Carajá or Carajás also Caraya or Carayas
Definition of Carajá
1a : a people or group of peoples of eastern Brazil
b : a member of such people
2 : the language of the Carajá people constituting a language family
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?