Definition of Captorhinomorpha
: a suborder of Cotylosauria comprising reptiles of the Carboniferous and Lower Permian which are sometimes held to be generalized forms ancestral to most later reptiles and to mammals and birds though possessing distinctly specialized dentition
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?