Cap·no·di·a·ce·ae | \ (ˌ)kapˌnōdēˈāsēˌē \
Definition of Capnodiaceae
: a family of ascomycetous fungi that includes most of the sooty molds, is usually placed in the order Dothideales but sometimes in Perisporiales, and is characterized by dark-colored mycelium and a dark massive brittle stroma
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game