Ca·per·na·ite | \ kəˈpərnēˌīt \
Definition of Capernaite
1 : a native or inhabitant of Capernaum
2 : one who believes in transubstantiation specifically : one who interprets literally Jesus' discourse at Capernaum on the bread of life (John 6:26–58)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game