Cape Towngeographical name
Definition of Cape Town
city, port on Table Bay, and legislative capital of the Republic of South Africa population 3,740,026
Note: Cape Town was the capital of the former province named Cape of Good Hope.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game