Can·cel·la·ri·idae | \ (ˌ)kanˌseləˈrīəˌdē \
Definition of Cancellariidae
: a family of herbivorous marine snails (order Pectinibranchia) having nonoperculate oval shells strongly sculptured with axial ribs and spiral ridges forming a latticelike pattern — see cancellaria
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game